The Bloor Humber Bridge
Built in 1924 and often over shadowed by the Bloor Viaduct this bridge was instrumental in opening up the West End of the City. Up until this point the only access across the river in the area was the stone bridge near the Old Mill.
This bridge was built in 1916 and replaced a wooden bridge that was periodically destroyed by ice jams.
It’s interesting to note that the steel girders supporting the “new” bridge are stamped Carnegie Steel.