427/Then and Now
Highway 427 looking south to the Bloor Street overpass in 1956. The T. Eaton Co. farm is on the right. This neighbourhood was known as “Eatonville”.
When we were young we thought it was fun to run across the highway to get to Cloverdale Mall. Obviously there weren’t as many cars but still a stupid thing to do…
Below, a newspaper headline detailing the destruction of one of the Eatons’ barns, 1953.