Yonge Street Shooting Gallery/Kent Bros. Jewelry
The jewelers of the name Kent were active in Toronto from 1867 to about 1900, using slightly different business names such as Ambrose Kent & Sons (1868-1870), B. & H.B. Kent (1895-1900), Kent Bros. (1867-1890), Kent and Bros. (1869-1875), and Kent & Co. (1890-1895). They were located at 168 Younge Street. In addition to jewelry they were selling clocks and watches. In around 1890, Kent Bros. marketed good quality Swiss movements signed: “Kent Bro’s Toronto Special”. These movements were made by M. & E. Didisheim in St.Imier, what was indicated by a small shield containing the letters M and E over D, and for a reference to the Swiss patent No. 3245 that dealt with a special type of the applied regulator. This patent was issued to “Albert Didisheim et Freres” of St.Imier.
A pocket watch from Kent Brothers.