The Empringham Hotel/Danforth and Dawes/Then and Now
The Empringham Hotel stood on the S/W corner of Danforth and Dawes Road and survived until the early 1980’s when it caught fire.
The facade below would appear to be an addition built onto the front of the original Hotel.
Seen here in the early 1950’s it was now called the Danforth Hotel.
Near the end…..
A current view of the corner.
This photo shows the original hotel being moved back before the new addition was added to the front.
Two photos of Margaret Empringham looking south down Guest Ave.
A sad and similar viewpoint today.